shabby blog

Monday, August 10, 2009

The Sunflower Blues Fest

So..I promised more about my weekend. There are soo many photos to go through so I am just going to put a few on her and the rest you can see in a few days on my flickr account. (www.flickr.com/redbanks626) First of all if you have never gone to the Sunflower Festival in Clarksdale, MS and you are local...you really should. Its free to the public and pretty soon the only way you will hear these guys sing is on recordings. There aren't very many of the older generation left. Thats not to say there isn't an enormous amount of new talent in this generation and the next generation, but there is something special about seeing the orginals :=) . Unfortunately, there was no way that we could see everyone that played. Music was everywhere....inside, outside stages, street performers, Reds, Morgan Freeman's Ground Zero...everywhere. Here are just a few things that I saw this weekend:

No comments:

Followers